Each December, Los Cabos spices up its gourmet scene with the Sabor a Cabo (Flavors Of Cabo) Festival that draws top chefs and culinary talents from the region’s best restaurants to share delicious creations reflecting the Baja and beyond.
Set for Dec. 4-10 throughout Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, this food fest is garnished with highly innovative selections of wine, live music and plenty of fun.
“We encourage visitors to book their fest resort/hotel reservations at Villa La Estancia early since this popular event attracts food fans from around the world to dine beneath the stars while enjoying stellar cuisine and wines,” says René Virgilio, General Manager of Villa La Estancia Los Cabos.
“What’s so nice is how the schedule is flexible. You can select just the events that are more to your liking and still enjoy plenty of time to relax and dine on La Casona’s delicious specialties at our resort.” The award-winning Cabo San Lucas restaurant is a favorite for its warm hospitality and menu specialties that are perfectly paired with international wine selections.
Since the 2016 edition’s dates and events are still being finalized, organizers note that foodies should continue to visit the SaborACabo.mx website for updates. But cervezas lovers are guaranteed the opportunity to tap into a Beer Fest with the date to be determined. Count on savoring Mexico’s finest beers in a colorful setting with Mexican food stalls and live music.
For a taste of the spicy possibilities, take a look at the menu of previous Sabor A Cabo festival events:
- Countryside Taste – Guest chefs prepare traditional dishes consisting of 100% local Baja ingredients
- Wine & Art Walk (Art District, San Jose del Cabo) – Small bites and vino set the stage for a selection of restaurant wine pairing menus that best match individual palates
- Celebrity Chef Dine Around – This grazing event of Mexican foods satiates with everything from appetizers to full meals enhanced with local Mexican wines
- Evening Under the Stars – Featuring the gastronomy of nearly 40 of Los Cabos’ best restaurants
- Finale dining event – Adding energy to fare from the destination’s best restaurants via live music from global artists
Past musical headliners have included such legends as Matt Sorum (Guns ‘n Roses), Steve Stevens (Billy Idol), Marc McGrath (Sugar Ray), Billy Morrison (The Cult), Frankie Perez (Velvet Revolver), Donovan Leitch and Andreadis (Guns ‘n Roses). Each year, benefit proceeds are donated to a local charity.
For more information or to purchase tickets to individual events, visit SaborACabo.mx.